Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2012

The Big Danger With Big Banks

Tom Frost, Wall Street Journal
In the early 1950s, when I was a young college graduate and a new employee of the Frost Bank, my great-Uncle Joe Frost, then CEO, told me that the very first goal we had was to return the deposits we received from customers. Our obligation was to take care of the community's liquid assets and manage them safely so others could use them (via loans) to grow.Frost Bank was not big enough to be saved by the government, Uncle Joe told me at the time, so we would always need to maintain strong liquidity, safe assets and adequate capital. I was impressed that making money was not high on his...

propane refrigerator pipeline jobs hydrogen fuel

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Body Anatomy & Physiology Study Course